GOD | PRAYER | WORLD RELIGIONS |
LIFE'S LESSONS | LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP | LINKS
Life's Lessons Along the Path
Ideals to Live By
Live in peaceful harmony with people, creatures, and nature.
Learn to love yourself, others, and all the wonders of nature.
Learn all you can then teach all you know without holding back.
Plan your life and spend your time wisely.
Lead by example, remembering that actions speak louder than words.
Dream of and work toward creating a better world.
Take responsibility for your life and the consequences of your actions.
Believe in yourself and in others. Help others to believe in themselves.
Respect yourself and others. Help others to do the same.
Accept change and roll with the ebb and flow of life.
Seek inner peace then project it toward others.
Be thankful for all the blessings in your life.
Speak kindly of others: do not gossip about them, do not judge them:
- Ephesians 4:29: Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
- Leviticus 19:16: Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbor; I am the LORD.
- Matthew 7:1: Judge not, that ye be not judged.
- Matthew 7:12: Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
- Proverbs 11:13: A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Proverbs 18:8: The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
- Proverbs 26:20: Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
- Romans 2:1: Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.
- Timothy 1:13: And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.
Find Peace by Living in the Present Moment
The simplest way to find inner peace is to learn to live in the present. Fear and pain come when we continually fret over the past or fear what may happen in the future.
Focusing too much on the past or future, even if those are perceived as good, takes your attention away from being. The real you exists in the present, and only in the present. What's past does not
exist. What will happen does not exist. Inner peace comes when we accept the reality of the present and feel our oneness with God.
Back to Top
© 2004-2018 Our Path to God. All rights reserved.